The student news site of Academic Magnet High School in North Charleston, South Carolina.

• Congratulations to Jenny Yao and Ali Delambo 1st and 2nd place overall at Low-Country Science Fair

• ACADEMIC TEAM WINS CHARLESTON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

We’ve been played: OJ did it…OJ didn’t do it

Conspiracy Theories, part six

His DNA was on the crime scene; he had been feuding with Nicole since their divorce; he made a run for the border, but he didn’t do it or did he?

The television show The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story came out in February of last year. It was recently released on Netflix and I watched it all. The show portrayed both sides of the OJ trial equally and raised many questions about who really did it and what really happened.

The next thing I did was read OJ Simpson’s mediocre book, If I did  it: Confessions of the Killer. It was written like a stream of consciousness with what seemed like almost no revisions and it was completely one sided. It lulled me to sleep in less than one page and because of that it took me a solid month to read. I learned that OJ was a horrible writer, he hired a horrible editor, he was definitely obsessed with Nicole, but maybe she was obsessed with him too, and he most definitely did it.

BUT, if he did not do it or did not do it on purpose there are plenty of theories to choose from. Here are 4 of the most popular theories:

1. OJ Simpson was taking the fall for his son, Jason Simpson. The theory goes that Jason was obsessed with his stepmom, Nicole, and killed her in a fit of jealous rage after she skipped a family dinner that he had planned. OJ then arrived to the scene later to help his son clean up.
  2. A theory cooked up by OJ’s defense team is that Nicole was mixed up in lots of drugs. Her best friend Faye Resnick owed money to the Mexican drug cartel. The cartel was looking for Faye but found Nicole and Ron.
  3. OJ Simpson hired a serial killer, Glen Rogers, to take Nicole out. Glen Rogers told the police that he had killed Nicole and Ron and that OJ paid him to. Glen Rogers was convicted of two murders but not Nicole’s. There was no evidence to support Glen’s claim.
  4. The last theory is that OJ was mind controlled by the Illuminati. The Illuminati was hoping to start a race war in the US. A quote from the Illuminati is, “OJ Simpson was a CIA mind controlled slave, and the entire Simpson case was concocted as an elaborate effort to cause racial tensions.”

He may have done it. He may not have. The world will never know.

• We’ve been played: OJ did it…OJ didn’t do it

Showcase

AMHS End of Year 2017

News

A “Starry Night” (Prom)

Opinions

AIPAC Policy Conference

Showcase

Kara Schwacke’s Diamond in the Rough: Samantha Moody

Showcase

Class of 2018 Thesis Stats

Showcase

Student-Athlete of the Week: Riane Coman

Food

New Ben & Jerry’s Flavors are Cereal-sly Delicious!

Showcase

Trump Administration rolls back environmental regulations because the White House “prefers warmer temperatures”

Showcase

The Las Vegas Raiders

Magnet Alumni

A Blast From the Past: Report on Alumnus John Seibels