Meet the Magnet Varsity Baseball Team

Get an inside scoop on your Raptor Varsity Baseball Team!

The 2017 Varsity Baseball Team

Zachary Kontenakos, NFL Insider, Staff Writer

The 2018 Magnet Varsity Baseball Team is excited to make a run towards the 2A State Championship. Here are some of the players’ comments on what they wish to accomplish this season. 

JJ Bishop        

What is your goal for the season?

I want to win the State Championship. I set the bar high, and strive for the best that our team can be.

How is the chemistry on the team?

We have a very experienced team because many of the players starting this year played last year. We know everyone’s tendencies which makes it easier to play together.

What have you done to improve your game for the betterment of the team?

I have been working on the mental side of the game with positive thinking, and understanding that I can only control so much, and to take what comes at me in stride.

What is your inspirational message to the team?

Guys, don’t get caught up in the smaller school feel. We may not have the nicest facilities or largest program, but we are a unified front that can charge against any threat and test thrown our way. Remember to focus on what we can do as individuals to make the team better, and if we do that, we will go a long way.

What is your nickname?

Romo, because I am always injured, just like Tony Romo, the former quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.

Make sure to follow Magnet Baseball on Twitter @MagnetBaseball. The schedule is posted, and please come on out to our games and support the team!

Jack Hosley        

What is your goal for the season?

Win State!!!

How is the chemistry on the team?

We have to not worry about personal stats and work on having good at bats.

I hit every day, do catching work, and get swole!

Don’t suck! (If we do our jobs we can win a state championship)

What is your nickname?

Premium and Big Hos

How has Magnet Baseball prepared you for playing at a DIII College in Macalester College?

Balancing the academics and the sports at Magnet has helped me get ready for being a student-athlete, and on competing for a starting spot on the team.

Make it out to at least 1 home game this year to cheer on ya boiz!

Stephen Holderness       

What is your goal for the season?

Win State!

How is the chemistry on the team?

We all played together last year and we have built good chemistry and did not lose many starters. Our team is a tightly knit group of guys.

I have worked on my long toss and strengthening my arm, as well as hitting in the cages.

Play within yourself and do your job so that our team can win a state championship.

Who encouraged you to play the game of baseball?

My dad pushed me to play hard and coached me when I was younger. I look up to Robinson Canó as my baseball hero.

Go Go Raptors!

Beauregard Cochran         

What is your goal for the season?

State Championship, EASY!

Our team has a family feel to it, where you know that each teammate has your back when you are facing adversity.

— Beauregard Cochran

How is the chemistry on the team?

Our team has a family feel to it, where you know that each teammate has your back when you are facing adversity. We also have the ability to flip the switch on when we are behind in games to come back and win.

What will you bring to the team with it being your first year on Varsity?

I will bring a positive attitude and keep everyone’s spirits uplifted, as well as contribute to the games with my play.

I have worked on my pitching and increased the velocity of my pitches. Playing basketball has conditioned my body and has made me agiler.

Don’t worry about the other teams, be more self-reflective on our team so that we can make the next step and win a state championship. We have the talent to go to the big dance!

What is your nickname?

BoCock, because my full name is too long.

We want the raptor nation to come out and support us! Fly Raptors Fly!

The consensus of the team is that they are a unified group that is ready to put in the work to win a state championship this year. The schedule for the team is attached to this article, so put a date on your calendar and support the team! Go Raptors!

2018 AMHS Baseball Dates