2017 Mens Soccer

2017 Mens Soccer

Capers Borders, Staff Writer

This year Academic Magnet Mens Varsity Soccer team looks to make up for last years loss in the semifinals and earn a State Championship. If the Mens team is able to win a State Championship this year it will be the third ring this senior class has earned on the soccer field. With many returning seniors and a strong junior and sophomore class, this year looks very promising for the Raptors.

Last years unfortunate loss to the Bishops came in the Semifinals of the State Championship run. A 2-0 lost to perhaps the best Bishop England team to date proved to be too tough for the Raptors. With the Bishops moving out of the group and into the 3A classification, the Mens team will be looking to create new rivalries this year. Lined up to face very strong opposition from Georgia with the likes of Peach Tree Ridge, Eastside, and Northwestern, this year will not be easy for the Varsity Men.

As for Division play it looks like the toughest opponent will be Saint Josephs. Just moving up to the 2A Classification they will look to try and dominate play the first year in. With returning seniors Garrett Smith, Conor Coleman, Nate Leroy, Capers Borders, Joao Dacosta, and Evan Dockery the Mens Raptors will have a strong lineup and a strong bench. This team will look to dominate division play and prove themselves against the tough out of state opponents. This year will be full of challenges and competitive play