The student news site of Academic Magnet High School in North Charleston, South Carolina.

• Congratulations to Jenny Yao and Ali Delambo 1st and 2nd place overall at Low-Country Science Fair

• ACADEMIC TEAM WINS CHARLESTON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

The Black Widow

Norfolk, Virginia found itself in a sticky situation this past month. There was a giant black widow spider found, but not the one you might expect. Wearing a red and black homemade spandex costume, The Black Widow is a real-life superhero patrolling the streets of his hometown. He models himself after the Marvel superhero Spiderman, tackling the malevolent. He goes by the alias Matsuda Yuuma, and his identity is unknown except for a few police officers. Similar to Spiderman’s story, The Black Widow was born after a spider bit Yuuma two years ago.

But what does he actually do? Well he has stopped fights in local bars, carjacking, and even assault. The reason for his actions? The Black Widow was bullied while growing up. He carries a first aid kit, a pepper spray, multi tools, and a baton, but because of his impressive black belt in martial arts, he has not used any of them. Similar to most superheroes, the twenty year old does not refer to himself as a vigilante or a hero, but more as a ‘provider’ of the community, there to help the homeless, to make sure nobody is doing anything illegal, and teaching others to “be free and be themselves”. The Black Widow enjoys spending time talking to people one on one, which he calls “counseling”. When Yuuma is not modestly saving the streets of Norfolk, he is working in a restaurant and as a DJ.

• The Black Widow

Showcase

AMHS End of Year 2017

• The Black Widow

News

A “Starry Night” (Prom)

• The Black Widow

Opinions

AIPAC Policy Conference

• The Black Widow

Showcase

Kara Schwacke’s Diamond in the Rough: Samantha Moody

• The Black Widow

Showcase

Class of 2018 Thesis Stats

• The Black Widow

Showcase

Student-Athlete of the Week: Riane Coman

• The Black Widow

Food

New Ben & Jerry’s Flavors are Cereal-sly Delicious!

• The Black Widow

Showcase

Trump Administration rolls back environmental regulations because the White House “prefers warmer temperatures”

• The Black Widow

Showcase

The Las Vegas Raiders

• The Black Widow

Magnet Alumni

A Blast From the Past: Report on Alumnus John Seibels

The Black Widow