Fall Fashion Lookbook: What Should You Be Wearing?

As the season begins to turn and the leaves start to fall, many at Magnet find themselves lacking warm and cozy clothes. Well, have no fear, Chloe and Suzanna are here! Proven by the minimal funds in our bank accounts, you could say we are shopaholics, and with the cooler weather, we have been searching through fall clothing stores more than ever in an attempt to add to our wardrobe. When you think of fall fashion many people think of darker colors like maroon, cream, browns, grays, and other neutrals. However, we are here to tell you that is far from the truth. You can be colorful and bright and still be wearing the perfect fall outfit. From sweaters to shoes, all the fall fashion inspiration you could ever need is right in front of you. 

Below is a list of all the clothes we love, sorted by article. 

Sweaters

Nothing is more of a fall staple than a sweater. From bright and colorful to simple and basic, here is a list of great sweater options. If you want to spice up your fall fashion while splurging quite a bit the Staud pastel quarter zip is a great choice. Sticking closer to budget, Free People has some great sweater choices. While they are still a little pricey, the color and quality are worth it for the perfect fall outfit. Now on the simpler side, Aritzia has perfect staple items with a range of creams, grays, and “normal” fall colors.

V – neck Sweater

Sweater

Lacing detail sweater

Stardust Pullover

FP One Reyna Sweater

Clara Waist Sweater

Easy Street Stripe Crop Pullover

We The Free Rudi Funnel Neck Sweater

Scottie Turtleneck

Peggy Cropped Sweater

CROPPED HAMPTON SWEATER MULTI SUNRAY

Dresses

Many people think that you can’t wear a dress in the fall, but boy, are they wrong. A maxi dress or a mini with long sleeves can almost always elevate your fall outfit. You can even wear a normal mini dress, and, if you are feeling chic, add some tights to fit into the fall aesthetic. Do not fret, your dress can also be worn in the spring, and who doesn’t love a versatile article of clothing? Also, if you are looking for an easy but stylish outfit a set is always a good choice. The sweater and maxi skirt set is guaranteed to make you look cool and stay warm. When paired with a jacket, these dresses are perfect fall staples

Sage Set

Chateau Low-Back Midi

For The Moment Mini

Bayside Mini

Hailee Sweater Skirt Set

Lucia Printed Set

Sister Jane Marie Bow Mini Dress

POPLIN DRESS WITH BOWS

Skirts and Pants

From a maxi to a mini, look at all these skirt options. Suited for both the cooler and warmer fall days, the metallic silk midi skirt is perfect being both a fashion statement and on-trend with the popular metallics. If you are looking for a warmer option as the temperatures continue to drop the denim maxi skirt is a stylish way to up your look. Onto pants, a simple pair of jeans, or, if you are feeling crazy, flared leather pants is an excellent option for your fall wardrobe. The versatility of jeans makes them wearable for practically any occasion. For the summer to fall transition the denim mini skirt is a stellar outfit choice and can be worn for more than one season. Another great way to stay on trend is to slip on a skort. I mean, what’s better than a skirt and shorts all in one?

SATIN EFFECT MIDI SKIRT

AE Stretch Vegan Leather Super High-Waisted Kick Boot Pant

Heidi Jean – Rinse Black

Dallas Low Bootcut – Karen Blue

RIPPED Z1975 DENIM MINI SKIRT

We The Free Wynne Vegan Skirt

We The Free Wynne Denim Skirt

Drop Everything Half Slip

We The Free Come As You Are Denim Maxi Skirt

Tops

With this wide variety of shirt options, there is bound to be one that catches your eye. With both short and long sleeves, colorful and neutral you can wear many different shirts and still have on a fall outfit. The long-sleeved sleeve clean lines Free People top is a great basic that can be used for layering or just a classic outfit. It goes well underneath a jacket as well.  If you are a ruffle lover don’t worry because you can carry them into your fall wardrobe with the Free People One Nayna and Claudia tops. Clearly, Free People has some great fashion choices but so do websites like Revolve, Anthropology, and Zara. Stores like Zara and H&M are a great way to stay within budget and be in style.

Duo Corset Cami

Claudia Top

T.La Long-Sleeve Mixed Stripes Tee

By Anthropologie Mock-Neck Muscle Sweater Vest

The Forecast Agency Rather Be Bowling Tee

Clean Lines Long Sleeve

Paislee Zip Front Top

Emilia Top

Music City Butterfly Vintage Tee 

We The Free The Perfect Tee

FP One Naya Top

Jackets

Are you even wearing a fall outfit if you are not wearing a stylish jacket with it? With the range of jacket options from fleece to leather, you are bound to find one that fits your style. One of my personal favorite fall fashion trends is the quilt jacket. They can spice up any outfit and look amazing with a simple white top and jeans. The Free People Hit the Slopes and Mountain High ½ Zip Fleece are perfect to pair with any athletic outfit. While many items on this list are on the pricier side, the H&M puff jacket is both fashionable and affordable, and the navy color adds to the timeless appeal. There is also a wide range of hoodies and crewnecks that are perfect fall staples for cool but not freezing temperatures. Also, if you are willing to invest in a solid puff jacket the Aritzia Super Puff is for you. With the surplus of color options and many different styles, there is one for any occasion. They can also be used in the winter and will keep you warmer than ever.

The Super Puff™ Shorty

Cozy Fleece Perfect Hoodie

Zip-up Cardigan

Puffer Jacket

Oversized Teddy-fleece-lined Jacket

AE Collared Sweatshirt

Bigfoot Polar Snowbank Jacket

Bigfoot Polar ½ Snap Sweater

Chloe Jacket

Mountain High 1/2 Zip Fleece

Hit The Slopes Fleece Jacket

Classics Fleece Hoodie

Athletic

Athleisure is one of the most popular clothing groups, so here are some warmer options for the colder weather. First and foremost, flare leggings, because what is this list without them? If you are looking to invest in a quality pair of flares, Splits 59 is a great choice. As an owner of a few pairs myself, I will never go back. The quality and comfort are guaranteed to keep you warm and provide the perfect ratio of legging to flare. While the price is a bit steep, they are worth it I promise. My only negative is that they collect a lot of lint, but what good pair of leggings doesn’t? Lululemon and Aerie have some great flare leggings as well if the Splits 59 don’t float your boat. Obviously, for leggings, the Lululemon Aligns take the cake, but Free People Movement has some great options as well if you are willing to branch out a little. Free People Movement also has some prime long-sleeve choices if you are tired of wearing the Lululemon Swiftly Tech shirts. 

Never Better Leggings

Never Better Square Neck Bra

RAQUEL HIGH WAIST FLARED LEGGING

Tempo Long-Sleeve Tee

Pajamas

Who doesn’t love a matching PJ set? Cuddled up by a fire and drinking a steaming cup of a pumpkin spice latte in your matching PJ set is what comes to mind when we think of the fall aesthetic. With the quality of Roller Rabbit and Lake Pajamas, I would say they are worth the money, however, you can definitely get a bang for your buck with the much cheaper options. J Crew and H&M have some solid PJ choices that provide cuteness and comfort. Even though they are not on this list, Target has some of the most comfortable PJs I have felt, and they are a great choice when looking for a PJ set as well.

Pajama Shirt and Pants

Dreamiest long-sleeve henley pajama set

Satin Pajama Shirt and Pants

Pima Short-Long Set in Classic Green

Pima Short-Long Set in Blue Snowflake

Monkey Long Sleeve Polo Pajamas

Shoes

Shoes can make or break an outfit, so a stylish pair is a necessity in your fall wardrobe. Any pair of Adidas shoes are all the rage right now. From the Campus to the Sambas, they have an endless variety. Our favorites are the red and pink Adidas Campuses as they provide the perfect pop of color to a plain outfit. However, my favorite shoes on the list are the Vejas. We are the owners of two pairs and the timeless aspect of them makes them perfect for any occasion and season. There are also Golden Gooses on the list, but I (Chloe) think you can spend your money in better places than on one pair of shoes. However, Suzanna is a ride-or-die fan of the shoe brand and will tell you they are 100% worth the $500. Another obvious choice is Uggs, with the shoe options from the company you will definitely find a pair that has both the comfort and fashion you are looking for.  

CAMPUS 00S SHOES

CAMPUS 00S SHOES

SAMBA ORIGINALS SHOES

Cloudnova Flux

Women’s Ball Star with gold star and heel tab

Women’s Super-Star LTD in beige canvas with black star

Veja V-12 Sneakers

Classic Ultra Mini