AMHS Against Antisemitism

On October 27th, the deadliest attack on the Jewish community to ever happen in the United States occurred at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Eleven Jewish men and women were killed by 46-year old Robert Gregory Bowers, an avid supporter of antisemitism and white supremacy. After the US identified him as the sole prime suspect, he was charged with 29 federal crimes and 36 state crimes. He is currently being held in the custody of the US Marshal Service without bail. This devastating hate crime has torn the country apart with controversy regarding President Trump and his actions towards the city of Pittsburgh. However, under the leadership of Ms. Novinger and Eli Leroy, the students of AMHS have united to show their love for the Jewish community of Pittsburgh.

Students form a heart and take a picture to send to the Tree of Life Synagogue.

On Monday, October 29th, just days after the deadly shooting, Ms. Novinger arranged for students to meet in the courtyard  at lunch. They formed the shape of a heart and took a picture to send to the Tree of Life Synagogue in support of them.

AMHS religious clubs, Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Jewish Student Connection, came together on Thursday, November 1st to write letters  to the members of the synagogue.