Meet the New Teachers: Mrs. Aydlette

Here is a inside scoop on one of our new teachers at Magnet this year!

Mrs. Aydlette wants to thank the AMHS community for being so welcoming and friendly to her right from the beginning. It has made her transition into Magnet seamless.

Where are you from?

Mrs. Aydlette is from Christiansburg, Virginia, where she went to high school at Christiansburg High. The school mascot there is the Demons.  

What made you want to teach at AMHS?

She is really excited about teaching engineering, as well as being a part of the culture of AMHS. She is appreciative of the academic integrity of the school as well as the school spirit.

Where have you previously taught?

She has taught at Northwoods Middle School for 1 year, Stall High School for 7 years, and Kamehameha High School for 3 years in Hawaii, before coming to Magnet.

What classes do you teach?

She teaches Intro to Engineering and Computer Science.

What 3 words best describe you?

She believes that the words hardworking, honest, and friendly define her character.

What is your family life?

Mrs. Aydlette has been married to her Husband Josh for 10 years. Josh is the track coach at the College of Charleston. They have a young daughter who is 6 years old and who has started the 1st grade at Stiles Point Elementary on James Island. They have an 11 year old dog, Kona, who is a lab that they got from Hawaii after their honeymoon. Also, Captain Biscuit is the whopping 25 pound cat that she simply described as “big”.  

Do you have any special talents?

She has participating in the Scottish games many times, competing in activities like tree throwing. She holds the WORLD RECORD for Sheaf throwing, which you can take a look at in the attached video. She also dances and is exceptional at clogging, which is like a tap dance.

What inspired you to be a teacher?

She has always been interested in teaching since a very young age and she has always loved school. Funny enough, she went to school for business at Radford University in Virginia, which just happened to be a school known for teaching. She went into the education program after working on business. 

What is the best part of your job?

She loves being with students and discovering their personalities. They make each day different which continues to make her job fun.

Who are your heroes and why?

Her heroes are her parents. They instilled in her the importance of working hard and never giving up from an early age. Mrs. Aydlette’s mom was a small business owner. Her father had to work hard to accomplish what he did in life and he had to lead a family, in which he had 6 siblings, as the Father figure when his dad died in his childhood. Her father also served the United States of America in the Armed forces, and on behalf of AMHS, the Talon Staff would like to thank him for his unselfish sacrifice and service to our country.

What is your goal as a teacher?

She wants to help students in any way possible to be the best that they can be. She also believes that being a mother has helped her to be a better teacher as she is able to understand where all of her students are coming from.