Senior Spotlight Part 4

Get to know the Class of 2024

Welcome to another installment of our Senior Spotlight series!  Today, we will be highlighting some more members of the class of 2024.

Skylar Miller (R) and her friend, Aubrey Hughes (L)

First, we are featuring Skylar Miller, a resident of Ravenel, SC, and an attendee of Orange Grove Charter School.  Her favorite animal is a capuchin monkey and enjoys listening to “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” by Zayn and Taylor Swift.  When she is not enjoying some peace and quiet listening to Taylor Swift or reading, Skylar enjoys eating a good plate of shrimp hibachi.  Her favorite part of Magnet life is going home every day.  Skylar was born on July 24, 2006, so, unfortunately, she doesn’t get to celebrate her birthday in school.

Tommy Sasser was born on September 20, 2005.  He lives in Mount Pleasant and graduated from Laing Middle School.  His favorite animal is an orca (a.k.a killer whale) and can’t get enough of Tyler, The Creator’s Cherry Bomb album.  Tommy dreams of eating Macaroni and Cheese all the time and not being at school.  His favorite Magnet memory is that time when Chase Novak forgot who Gandhi and Nelson Mandela were.

Next, we have Lilly Murphy, born only ten days before Tommy on the 10th of September, 2005.  Lilly lives on James Island and attended Camp Road Middle School.  Her favorite animals are koala bears and dreams of eating a tuna bowl or sushi.  If Lilly could represent her life in one song, it would be “Where the Skies are Blue” by the Lumineers.  Lilly’s favorite memory at Magnet is winning Wall Day as sophomores, and is happiest outside of school when she is a camp counselor at her summer camp.

Betsy Bailey was born on May 1, 2006, and was an attendee and graduate of Buist Academy.  Her favorite animal is a cat and really enjoys listening to the soundtrack from La La Land or the new album from country star Zach Bryan.  Betsy loves eating chicken fried rice with “extra white sauce” from an unspecified restaurant.  Like Lilly, Betsy fondly remembers winning Wall Day as sophomores and, recently, how much of a fun time she had at the USA-themed football game this past season.  Outside of school, Betsy is happiest when she is at her yoga class, on the beach, or cheering on the Gamecocks at a University of South Carolina football game.

Emma Herrin (R) pictured with Laura Dailey (L)

Emma Herrin was born on October 3, 2005.  Although she is a resident of West Ashley, she attended the School of the Arts for middle school.  Her favorite animal is a pig and her favorite food is mashed potatoes.  The soundtrack of her life is “Chicken Fried” by the Zac Brown Band, and is happiest when she is on a boat, or remembering how people fell down the stairs during one of our past Spirit Weeks.

Ms. Lam falling out of a car

Lastly, we have Vivian Lam, who moved to Charleston from Columbia, SC during our time at Magnet.  Vivian was born on January 5, 2006, and currently lives in Mount Pleasant.  She attended a Catholic school called the Cardinal Newman School in Columbia, and her favorite animal is an otter.  The soundtrack of her life, as she describes it, is “Top Dog” by Magdalena Bay.  Vivian’s dream meal is an assortment of sashimi, and her favorite Magnet memory is when she saw someone bench pressing in the parking lot.  However, Vivian is happiest when she is peacefully sleeping.

That’s it for today’s issue.  Tune in next week for some more featured seniors.