Chief Raptors: Where are they now?

Catching Up with Magnet’s Past Presidents

Shabih Jafri (Back Left), Ethan Linhart (Front Center), and Zach Kronsberg (Back Right) Alongside the rest of the 2016-2017 Student Council

After a stellar article covering Davis earlier this month, many are wondering what has come of the past few presidents after leaving the sweet confines of Academic Magnet High School. We caught up with our past three student leaders to get a glimpse into where they are now and how they continue to spread that Raptor spirit. I worked a lot with all three of these dudes, and I’ve been pumped to catch up with them.

First up a legend, a Big Dawg in Raptor culture, the 2016-17 Chief Raptor, Ethan Linhart:

What have you been up to since leaving Magnet?

Living, failing, repenting, and repeating

What’s Your Top Raptor Memory?

My top raptor memory is the talent show senior year not because it was so good for me but because I got to be a part of something I never thought I could have with people who welcomed me aboard. 

Who do you feel like was your biggest influence in or from high school?

Ms. Peterson (JP)

What have you carried with you from Magnet into college?

The ability to share ideas with individuals of all backgrounds and also the framework to ensure endless educational opportunities for all

What would you like to see at Magnet if you came back in five years?

If I were to come back to magnet in five years, I’d like to see more classroom space designated for school oriented clubs, and a buddy system for seniors to work with incoming freshman to inspire unity and realistic and/or measurable goals for their foreseeable future. 

Next up 2017-18 president and salutatorian Zachary Kronsberg (not sure who exactly this guy is but whatever)*:

I’m a Sophomore at COFC, studying PoLITical Science

What’s your top Raptor memory?

Doing the announcements everyday with my slang word of the day. #tea #vaping

I was influenced by my teachers and peers to both try my best and find the challenge and enjoyment in learning. I could not possibly single out one particular person because it was the total atmosphere of Magnet that influenced and inspired me.

Drive and a love for learning…and a propensity for stress (lol)

The same rigorous, yet family-like community that shaped me but perhaps with a greater systematic way of helping students cope with everyday struggles

Finally, the man that’s still so fresh in our memory that it seems like he should still be here: the one, the only Shabih Jafri:

I am a freshman at the University of South Carolina, studying biological sciences currently

What’s Your Top Raptor Memory?

My top Raptor memory would probably have to be my pi day rap performance dude! On that day I truly embodied my fullest form.  I would go as far as saying that I have never felt more alive in my life… than when I was rapping about numbers.  Obviously there are so many more memories that I could go on and on about, but the pi day performance has a special spot in my heart, and who knows maybe I might drop another pi day song 👀

My biggest influence from high school would obviously be our teachers (zero caps). Even though magnet was tough, the teachers really cared and definitely had the biggest influence on me.

Who was your favorite Raptor icon?

Favorite Raptor icon is without a doubt Ricky Keys. I mean I can’t think of a more iconic moment than when Ricky rolled into the pep rally on his wheelies right as that beat dropped.  Nothing else mattered in the world at that time.  Dude if someone took a video of that pls send it to me.

I would definitely like to see our football team just start killing it and going off like our volleyball team currently.  Also ,I’d like to see a lot of the stuff my stuco started still being kept like Coachella day.