What to Look Forward to in College

Get excited!

Lecture Classes anyone?

With school coming to a close, college is just around the corner for seniors, and with college comes new beginnings and opportunities. Whether you’re headed to an in state or out of state school, college will be full of new people and opportunities, and I for one am very excited! So I’ve decided to make a list of what to look forward to in college- enjoy!

All of the new food choices: Ok, this is both a positive and a negative aspect to college, and in some ways it might depend on the school. If your school has good dining hall options, yay! Because you will be able to indulge in all the food you want with one meal swipe, but also you will be able to indulge in all the food you want for one meal swipe. Don’t allow your self control to go out the window! But if your school has bad dining options, well you will be less tempted to indulge in all of the food options at other schools. Besides the dining hall, with your movement to a new town, you’ll have access to off campus food options, which are typically wonderful.

All of the new people you’ll meet: All of the new people you’ll be surrounded with in college is one of the most exciting parts of college! New roommates, hallmates, and classmates provide lots of chances to meet new people. On the other hand, college also provides the chance to keep up with old friends if they attend the same school and to visit your high school friends at their schools if y’all are not at the same school.

Sporting Events: For those seniors going to larger universities and colleges, basketball and football games are definitely something to look forward to. Even if you’re school does not have large sporting events, playing on an intramural or club team is a great way to make friends and avoid the freshman 15.

Sleeping: If you’re lucky, sleeping in on the weekdays is something to look forward to, Adriana Carter put it best when she says, “I’m looking forward to not waking up at 6 am, if I can help it my first class will be at 10.” But this is really left up to luck, so hope orientation and class registration goes well!

I am looking forward to not waking up at 6 am, if I can help it my first class will be at 10

— Adriana Carter

The new sense of independence: For most of us in college, we’ll be on our own without our parents to look out for us, and this new sense of independence is certainly something exciting to look forward to. No one will tell you when to get up, to clean your room, do your laundry, or really doing anything. So best of luck my friends.

Overall, college marks the a new beginning and an opportunity. You have the chance to be whoever you want to be, to try new things, to get to know new people and professors, to live in a new place, and to grow into the adult you want to become.