Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

I sit down with senior Anne Claire Purcell to pick her mind over some hard-pressing issues, like sneakers and Costco samples.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Anne Claire Purcell with her beloved Chick fil a

You may have seen her on the soccer field or basketball court. And you probably know her from her fly shoes spotted around the halls. She’s a senior, owner of 20 pairs of sneakers, and lover of Phineas and Ferb. Her name is Anne Claire Purcell and here is all you need to know about her.

First off, she refuses to wear anything besides Nike shorts and t-shirt unless her mother makes her. Her mother, Trish, is rather famous around the Magnet community for her books about puberty, Girlology. You can thank Anne Claire’s mom for all those awkward talks with your parents in middle school. Personally, I love Trish Hutchison. She made us squash boats one cold winter night that warmed AC and I right up.

The Purcell family, from left to right: Trish, Anne Claire, Maehler, and Michael.

Besides shoes and basketball, AC loves to travel and has been to 11 countries. She is very passionate about the separation of families across the US/Mexico border. In fact, she knows a family currently in detainment from her numerous mission trips with her church Mount Pleasant Presbyterian. Recently she earned the position as a elder.

Before her first day of senior year, she visited Costco to stock up on school supplies with her family. Anne Claire wandered off to find some free samples and got lost. She had to go to the front of the store and wait at the cashier for her mom to find her.  AC said she learned from this experience, that life is about the journey, not the destination. The free samples were worth the fear of being left at Costco.

Her advice to her fellow seniors is to get your thesis and college applications done and then have a good time. Currently she is applying to USC, Clemson, UGA, UNC, and NC State.

Anne Claire is currently a co-president of the AMHS Sneaker club, which meets Wednesday B Days in Mrs. Lankford’s room. Her favorite shoe at the moment is the Nike Air Max 97 Silver Bullet. She says she likes shoes so much because “its something I can buy and collect myself that means something to the world of sportswear, and its international.”

I like shoes so much because it is something I can buy and collect myeslf”

— Anne Claire Purcell

Nike air max 97 in silver bullet. Photo from Sneaker News

She also wants everyone reading this article to come to every girls basketball game this season because her fellow senior Ashley Bryan is going to dunk this year.

In order to gain an interview with her,  I had to promise that I would include that her birthday is February 15th, and her parking spot number is 148. This means she is an Aquarius, so if you are a Gemini or Aries hit her up. Y’all are very compatible.  If anyone would like to provide her with gifts she requests Chick fil a, Raising Canes Lemonade, or rainbow sherbet.

Follow her on instagram @acpurcell.

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Student Life

Trouble Sleeping?

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Student Life

The Tattoos of Magnet, part one

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Student Life

Pulsera Bracelets Return

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Student Life

Wisdom Teeth Removal: A Saga

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Student Life

Personality Quiz: What Kind of Raptor are you?

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Galleries

Freshman Carnival

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Student Life

Spanish Honor Society to Host Holiday Jazz Concert

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Student Life

Only ’90s Kids Remember Smart Boards

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Student Life

Senior Spotlight: Liza Allen

• Senior Spotlight: Anne Claire Purcell

Student Life

The Former Souls of Magnet: Where are They Now? (Edition II)