Halloween Candy Ranked

What are the Best and Worst Halloween Candies?
Halloween Candy Ranked

Halloween is one of my top 3 holidays. From the scary decorations to going to haunted houses and carving pumpkins, October is full of Halloween fun. With Halloween comes lots and lots of candy. Although many high school students do not trick or treat anymore, I have no shame in getting free candy around my neighborhood. The Halloween candy is arguably the best part of the holiday.

#10: Dots
Taking the spot for last place, none other than Dots. This candy is collectively one of the most disliked Halloween candies. The texture of these is just awful and when you eat them they get so stuck in your teeth and it even gets stuck on the roof of your mouth sometimes. Thankfully, I can usually pass these off to my parents since they love them and I don’t have to worry about finding a home for these gross candies.

#9: Tootsie Rolls
Next is Tootsie Rolls. I have kind of a similar problem with these as I do with the dots. The texture of these is just not good. It’s a chocolate-flavored taffy and it gets all stuck in your teeth and on the roof of your mouth. It is just not a pleasant experience when eating these candies. Sadly, I find myself constantly getting a lot of these candies on Halloween. My gym also keeps a bucket of these candies at the front desk, but they will never have to worry about me taking them.

#8: Milky Way

These candies are not necessarily bad or gross in any way, but just never going to be my first choice. If you give me the choice between taking a Milky Way or a Snickers, I am going to take the Snickers, no questions asked. They are so bland and just boring. The Walmart version of the Chanel Snickers bar.

#7: Candy Corn

This is definitely an unpopular opinion but personally, I have never hopped on the candy corn train. The texture of this candy is so chalky and makes it very unenjoyable. I know some of y’all love this candy but I am not convinced that it should be the staple candy of the Halloween season.

#6: Almond Joy

These are very controversial but I don’t mind these candies. I think it is partially because my mom loves these candies so as the years go on, I have started to love them as well. The chocolate and almond combination is delicious. I used to pass these off to my mom when I was a youngster but now I will keep some of them for myself.

#5: Snickers
I am typically not a fan of candies with peanuts and peanut butter in them but I do love this chocolate bar. It is the perfect mix of chocolate, peanuts, and caramel all in one. This candy would be my top choice for a chocolate bar but you will soon find out that I am more of a gummy and fruity candy kind of girl.

#4: Hershey’s Chocolate Bars, specifically Cookies and Cream Flavor
These are a classic. I love the Cookies and Cream Hershey Bars. I am also a huge fan of white chocolate, I know very controversial. When I would get these from trick or treating I would be so excited and I would beg my friends to give me theirs too when we would go back to the house and sort through all of our candy. Luckily none of my friends like white chocolate so I was able to stock up on these chocolate bars.

#3: Jolly Ranchers
I love Jolly Ranchers year-round, but the long flat ones you get during Halloween are my favorite. If you do not know what I’m talking about look at the picture because I guarantee it will unlock a deep memory you have from your years trick or treating. I always would look through and pick out only the watermelon and blue raspberry Jolly Ranchers when the candy bowl was left out on their porch.

#2: Blowpops
I LOVE lollipops in general but these ones are superior. All of the flavors, except grape, are amazing and I will never complain about what flavor I get of these. Well, except if I get grape flavor. I do not love the bubble gum on the inside mainly because the flavor doesn’t last that long. I like to call it “five-second gum” because it lasts for about 5 seconds and then it just tastes like gum.

#1: Sour Patch Kids
And finally taking the top spot, probably no surprises here, Sour Patch Kids. These are superior to all candies, no questions asked. These classic gummy candies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and you can truly never go wrong with some sour patch kids. Bonus points if they are the watermelon-shaped Sour Patch kids.

I hope everyone had a spooky and exciting Halloween full of fun costumes, spooky decorations, and lots of delicious candy!