What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Halloween is always scary… especially when you don’t know what to wear. While ghosts and ghouls may occasionally haunt your house, a bad costume will haunt your Instagram forever. Don’t be the person that “forgot Halloween was today” or who “didn’t have time to get a costume” because with these helpful hints you’ll have no excuses.

Take a cue from these Magnet students who already know what they’re wearing for Halloween 2017, and start preparing for this October 31st. Some students will be going as characters from hit Disney movies. For example, Megan Holderness will be dressing as Gabriella from High School Musical by wearing a lab coat and wildcat red dress. Kira Adkins will also be taking the Disney route, by dressing as a Troll. However, Boone Jones and Meredith Coen took a more unique route. Boone is planning on dressing up as Billy Mays and Meredith plans on being a Gucci Flipflop. Have clothes lying around from spirit week or a sports team? Declan Sykes and Kori Swanson are planning on utilizing what they already have to create a killer costume. Declan will be dressing in the classic grandma costume he wore for spirit week and Kori will be wearing her hockey gear and be a hockey player. Even a few teachers plan on dressing up for Halloween this year. Ms. Cornehl is known for her well thought out and creative costumes. Last year she was a deviled egg, but her costume for this year is top secret and will be revealed on October 31st.

Still not sure what to wear? Here are a few costume ideas that are sure to impress.

Wanna have a MEMEorable costume?

• Hotdog costume + headphones + dance moves = Infamous Snapchat Hotdog.
  • Small circle sunglasses + white t-shirt + man bun = Salt Bae Salt Man
  • Big hoops + straight hair + RBF + tank top + ca$h= Cash Me Outside Girl
  • Red, patterned sweater vest + blue long sleeve button down + braces = Bad Luck Brian
  • Small backpack + gray t-shirt + slicked back hair + sick dance moves = The backpack kid

Need a last minute costume?

• Do you have a broom, a black dress, and a black hat? You could be a witch!
  • Wanna be a black cat? Grab some black clothes, cat ears, draw some whiskers on your face and no one will wanna cross you.
  • Have a sheet lying around, gold jewelry, and sandals? Make a toga and you can go Greek.
  • Do you have aviators? A navy blue jacket? Yellow duck tape? Spell out FBI on the jacket with the tape and you can be a Federal Agent.  
  • White button down? White socks? Wayfarers? You can slide into Halloween as Risky Business!

Taking Halloween on as a duo?

• “I’m sorry, the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now” “Why?” “Oh, ’cause she’s dead!” Old Taylor vs. New Taylor
  • Michael Jordan Jersey or Malibu? VMAs 2013 Miley Cyrus vs. VMAs 2017 Miley Cyrus
  • What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm? Khakis. Khakis from Target you said?  Jake from State Farm vs. Alex from Target

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Opinions

3 Reasons Why Your Teacher Should Take Your Classroom Outside

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Student Life

Final Year of Thesis and First Year of Capstone

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

News

SC’s 1st Congressional District: Race Update

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Opinions

Power Ranking the Presidents of the World

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Faculty Corner

Meet the new MoleCOOL Science Teachers

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Galleries

Gallery: Football Game Against Military Magnet

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Student Life

Summers Abroad: A Photo Series

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Opinions

What’s Going on in the Tent? Episode 1

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Meet the Freshmen

Meet the Freshman

• What to Wear for Halloween 2017

Galleries

Gallery: First Home Swim Meet 2018