AMHS Football Improves to 6-0

Senior Andrew Alberg (20) celebrates with Potter Seibels after Alberg’s 3rd Quarter Touchdown

Ben Auten, Staff Writer

Raptor football is now 6-0. Yes, you read that right. No, it’s not a typo. Magnet shutout fellow 5-0 team, North Charleston, 19-0, in a Region 6-AA matchup. In less than ideal field conditions on the road and just a few days removed from losing starting QB Josh Isaacks for the season, the backfield duo of Nate Schlosser and Andrew Alberg stepped up and provided the offense for the Raptors. Schlosser, in particular led the way with 145 yards on the ground, outdoing North Charleston’s entire offense, which was held to 125 total yards. The running back partnership combined for 210 yards and 3 touchdowns, and the Magnet defense handled Schlosser’s and Alberg’s counterpart, Kahleb Parks, who only managed 72 yards all night after totaling over 700 yards coming into Friday night. On a night where offense came at a premium, the Raptor defense forced four huge turnovers, including a blocked punt by Darius Nwokike, and held the Cougars off the scoreboard. That defense fed off a Magnet student section that came out in numbers despite being away from home. All in all, it was an impressive performance from the Raptors, earning their first statement victory of the season.

This Friday Academic Magnets hosts Whale Branch (2-4), so come out and support your UNDEFEATED Raptors!