Baccalaureate 2015

Baccalaureate+2015

On Sunday, May 31st AMHS Seniors celebrated the end of their high school careers at Baccalaureate.  The event began with parents and teachers standing as the Class of 2015 filed in. Background music was provided by the AMHS Jazz ensemble which consists of Seniors Ben Sewell, Evan Camp, Nick Nybo, and Vaibhav Mohanty. Ms. Peterson opened the ceremony with a reading from Dr. Seuss’s Oh the Places You Will Go!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”

— Dr. Seuss

bacc 3

Ms. Peterson was followed bycolleen bacc Dr. Altman who praised her French students as well as Student Government participants. Ms. Hurt illuminated the crowd with excerpts from the juniorclass journals of the class of 2015. She shared the wisdom of students as well as their humorous comments.

“I just want to know if all our little decisions, talents, choices, and stories are a part of one big ballad, playing along with the melody of life?

— Evan Camp

Ms. Lankford next talked about having some of these seniors in sophomore year as well as senior year and confessed to enjoying reading plays in the senior lounge just as much as they did. Ms. Roop brought freshmen pictures drawn by the seniors as well as their freshmen information sheets. She also recognized the Science Club members who placed 1st place in the State in Science Olympiad and competed in the National Competition in Nebraska.

bacc 4

I don’t know if I think in Spanish or English. I just think and understand myself

— Uriel Salazar

Mr. Weart addressed the “scholars and scholarettes” thanking them for making his time at Magnet an enriching one. At this point, the jazz ensemble played another piece.

from “Where’s Waldo” to Vikings

— Colleen

Students took the podium next. Cassidy Rindge, student body president, thanked students for four great years. She was followed by Caleb Sizemore as he thanked the class for their support and acceptance of him as he battles MDA. Next, Christian Long, provided a humorous monologue about “are we family?” with the ultimate conclusion that we are. Samantha Kramer thanked her classmates for four great years. Colleen Richardson, senior class president, reminisced about wall themes – frbacc 5om Where’s Waldo to Vikings. Mason Proctor, the last speaker, talked about the friendliness of the student body and how he had inadvertently sat down by a senior girl at lunch when he was a freshmen and she was still nice to him.

Baccalauerate ended with the Senior Video which was put together by the yearbook staff.  Refreshments followed.

The Senior video will be available to all seniors at graduation rehearsal.

— Mrs. Bortz