50 is quite a few movies to have watched in 2 months. If you’re wondering I did have to quarantine for two weeks and I did calculate that 64% of these movies were from that. I guess that’s not a staggering percentage but I do like to watch movies. There is quite the mix in here so there should be something for everyone. Sorry about all the rom-coms. Just kidding no I’m not.
**Note that I also watched Bridgerton, Reign, and the Euphoria special during this time and I recommend them all. Along of course with lots of Friends and Gilmore Girls which I always suggest.
50. Live-Action Mulan Absolutely not. I didn’t even watch all the way through. The movie itself was fine but there were so many things cut out from the original. No Mushu was enough for me to not even give it a chance but I still tried and I couldn’t do it.
49. Wonder Woman 1984 Such a disappointment. I loved the first one but this was just not it. The actors were good but the story was bleh. I fell asleep.
48. Twilight: Eclipse 2/10 By now the terrible acting has lost its charm and there’s way too much Jacob not enough Edward. Just skip this one if you’re watching the saga.
46. Thor: The Dark World
45. Maze Runner This is a good movie it’s just never been my cup of tea.
44. Pieces of a Woman Sad. Love Vanessa Kirby though.
43. Life of the Party
42. The Incredibles 2
41. The Fundamentals of Caring It was pretty good. Predictable. Unsurprising. But pretty funny as well and the main character is British which is always fun.
40. Emma Gotta love a period drama. That’s all. That gives it most of the points in and of itself.
39. Mystic Pizza Typical rom-com coming of age type beat in a quaint Connecticut town. A little dry but bonus points for Julia Roberts.
38. Love, Simon 7/10
37. Silver Linings Playbook
36. About Time Pretty typical rom-com but with its own twists and a lovely message at the end. Bonus points for Rachel McAdams.
35. Iron Man
34. Good Morning Vietnam I watch this movie every once and a while to see if I’ll be able to catch half of what Adrian (Robin Williams) is saying and I still have made very little progress but it’s a fun game and a good story. Bonus points for Robin Williams.
33. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
32. Iron Man 2
31. Meet the Parents
30. The Avengers: Age of Ultron Ultron just isn’t the most interesting villain.
29. Iron Man 3
28. The Avengers: Infinity War
27. Wonder Woman A million and one times better than the second one.
26. The Avengers: Endgame
25. Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again Of course not as good as the first but arguably a better soundtrack. Bonus points for Meryl Streep cameo.
24. The Other Woman A go-to if not the go-to rom-com. I have seen it many times and it never disappoints. A timeless tale of friendship and revenge.
23. A League of Their Own Who doesn’t love a patriotic story about women proving themselves and taking the place of men. Bonus points for Madonna.
22. Twilight: New Moon Almost as terrible as the first one but not quite so it lost points.
21. Twilight: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1 We start to get some action going crazy things start happening.
20. Twilight Hilarious. I was giggling to myself the whole time. The acting 100% lived up to how terrible everyone described it as. Extremely awkward but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
19. Twilight: Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 The ending completely caught me by surprise. I was shocked. The rating is mostly based on the ending.
18. Age of Adeline I had wanted to see this movie for a while and it lived up to my expectations for sure. Romance with a not too ridiculous sci-fi twist is always a treat. Bonus points for Blake Lively.
17. Catch Me If You Can Fascinating because it’s based on a true story. A good crime/chase/drama/Leonardo Dicaprio moment.
16. The Family Stone 10/10 for casting. I was surprised at how much I liked this movie. Definitely a good classic family-holiday-reunion-but-things-go-south-but-there’s-a-nice-warm-ending. Bonus points for Rachel McAdams.
15. Soul Almost too thought-provoking for a Disney movie. Like I appreciated it but I’m going to have to go back and watch it again to really understand it. Sometimes I miss the old days when princesses just lost their slippers and Disney movies didn’t make you rethink your existence.
14. McFarland, USA
13. Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa I forgot how hilarious this movie is. If you haven’t seen it in a while please go back and watch it.
12. 10 Things I Hate About You
11. The Avengers
10. Pretty in Pink A classic you can’t go wrong with. I don’t like the ending though *spoiler* she shouldn’t have gotten back with Blane it contradicted her entire character’s belief system.
9. Saving Mr. Banks I have no idea why I like this movie so much. Maybe because I like the historical-behind-the-scenes aspect of it but if you haven’t seen it yet it might just be me but I really like it.
8. Captain America: The First Avenger
7. Princess Diaries 2
6. The Trial of the Chicago 7 This was really really good. A must watch if you haven’t seen it yet.
5. Captain America: Civil War Ok yes this is put twice but I realized it after I had already numbered all the movies and if I take it out I’ll have to number them all again.
4. The Pursuit of Happyness. Everyone loves The Pursuit of Happyness I mean come on.
3. Princess Diaries Probably my top comfort movie along with the sequel. A modern-day princess story set in San Francisco. Anne Hathaway. Julie Andrews as the queen that she is. Yeah, that’s enough for me.
2. Captain America: Civil War Easily my favorite Marvel movie. It’s practically an Avengers movie. All the best characters without all the annoying villains no one cares about or will ever really see again.
1. It’s A Wonderful Life. There’s no denying this one is a classic. My family watches this movie every Christmas Eve and it hasn’t gotten old, yet.