Day 5: Homecoming/Wall Theme!

This is the day we’ve all been waiting for! Students of all grades worked overtime at school yesterday to decorate their walls.  Classes were shortened, and the day ended with an extravagantly exciting pep rally that featured cheer-leading, the Dirty Birds, fall sports, the Homecoming court, a scavenger hunt, Spirit Week contest results, and the return of the infamous Black Diamonds.

BlackDiamonds
Diamonds are Forever

In the foreign language hallway, the sophomores’ disco dancefloor-inspired wall, replete with colorful streamers, a multicolored mat, and rainbow afros, received 4th place. Meanwhile, in the science and technology hallway, the 9th grade class’s Gotham City-themed wall received 3rd place. Other grades loved the Batmobile, and some seniors commented that Gotham was the best debut for homecoming walls that they had ever seen. Above the main stairway, the juniors’ camping wall received 2nd place. The covered lights, owl hoot recording, and stuffed giraffe added to the foresty atmosphere. Moreover, the tents and hammocks outside were a creative expression of the outdoors. Indoors, the tents and tree branches clogged up that section of the hallway pretty severely between 2nd and 3rd period, but they made the scene that much more realistic. Finally, the Class of 2015 received 1st place for their Day of the Dead-themed wall, an effective mixture of colorful festivity, force, and energy.

Freshman Wall: Gotham City
Freshman Wall: Gotham City
Sophomore Wall: Hippie/Disco
Sophomore Wall: Hippie/Disco
Junior Wall: Camping
Junior Wall: Camping
Senior Wall: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)