Meet the New Teachers: Ms. Sharpe

Here’s the inside scoop on one of our new teachers at Magnet this year! Ms. Sharpe is excited to have the opportunity to be here at Magnet and interact with our wonderful students!

Where are you from?

Ms. Sharpe is a native of the Charleston area; she grew up in Hanahan. After high school, she attended Newberry College and then got her M Ed. from The Citadel.

What made you want to teach at AMHS?

Ms. Sharpe had already subbed at Magnet in place of Mrs. Renes during her maternity leave, and felt comfortable in our school’s environment. After the departure of the beloved Ms. McIntyre, Ms. Sharpe couldn’t pass up the opportunity to teach at such a great school.

Where have you previously taught?

Rivers High School, Wando, Goose Creek High School, and as a substitute at the School of the Arts

What classes do you teach?

Geometry and Algebra II

How would you describe yourself in 3 words?

Caring, Dedicated, Intelligent

What is your family life like?

She lives in Goose Creek with her 15 year old black Dachshund named Amazing Grace and loves to spend time with her family who lives in Hanahan.

Do you have any special talents?

Ms. Sharpe likes to paint, study art, and can play the trumpet.

What inspired you to be a teacher?

Ms. Sharpe felt that she had the proper personality type to help educate students and really wanted to make a difference in student’s educational lives.

What is the best part of your job?

She enjoys having a positive influence on her students.

Who is your hero and why?

Ms. Sharpe’s biggest hero is her sister because she always wanted to mirror her sister’s kind, loving, and gentle personality.

What is your goal as a teacher?

Ms. Sharpe wants her students to become proficient in math and to learn to appreciate how large a role geometry has in the real world.

Is there anything you want to say to the Magnet community?

She is excited to maintain the stellar math department here at our school and loves it here at Magnet.