The student news site of Academic Magnet High School in North Charleston, South Carolina.

• Summer Scholars July 24th - pictures coming soon

• WELCOME CLASS OF 2021!

• Girls and Boys Soccer Wins AA State Championships!

• ACADEMIC TEAM WINS CHARLESTON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Taken from AMHS website

Taken from AMHS website

Taken from AMHS website

Although I was originally excited that I only had one week left of school, I realized how much I am truly going to miss Magnet. Magnet tested my patience, starting from freshman year. When I first stepped into Mr. McCormick’s class, I realized that my decision to attend Magnet may lead me to insanity. Freshman year was hard. Too hard at the time. Mrs. Grayson pushed me to write better; with essays every two weeks. Combined with Ms. McIntyre’s Algebra 2 class, Freshman year was a struggle. Sophomore year was easier, as I had gotten used to the A day B day schedule, and could schedule my work accordingly. Mr. Grimshaw’s guitar class, Ms. Lankford’s English class, and AP Stats with Ms. Hooffstetter were definitely highlights. But then Junior year came, and Magnet became my enemy. THESIS. Looking back at it now, Thesis wasn’t that difficult. Just meet each deadline and finish your project on time. But as a Junior, Thesis didn’t look feasible. It seemed that Thesis was an echo, but I had already lost my voice from the past 2 years and couldn’t start it. Somehow I found a way.

Senior year was so much fun. Even though the work never seemed to end, I enjoyed my last year at Magnet. Looking back now, all of the bad feelings I had toward high school have been dampened by the friends I’ve made, and the teachers who truly care about us. That is what makes Magnet special. The teachers care so much. Mr. Johnston, Ms. Cornehl, Mr. Grimshaw, Ms. Lankford, Ms. Grayson, Ms. Shifflette, Ms. McIntyre, Mr. McCormick, Ms. Shields, Ms. Colon, Ms. Hurt, and Mrs. Eicher all made an incredible impact on me as a student and a person. Listing all of those teachers just now made me realize how special Magnet truly is. Most of all, shoutout to Ms. Peterson, the leader of this special school, who  worked tirelessly to improve Magnet. I will truly miss this school, and I wanted to thank every teacher in this school for making me a better student and person. Thank you.

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Food

La Croix: It’s Water but Better

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Opinions

Western Conference Finals

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Opinions

The Crash of 2008 and What Modern Efforts Have Been Proposed

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Opinions

AIPAC Policy Conference

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Opinions

“There’s A New Sheriff in Town”

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Opinions

Deportation of Afghan Immigrants in Europe

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Opinions

What to Expect for Rap in 2017

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Opinions

High School: Final Thoughts

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

Opinions

My Favorite Rap Albums (2016)

• My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

A&E

Pop Tarts March Madness Tournament

My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet