Get To Know the Freshman Class Officers

Get To Know the Freshman Class Officers

At the beginning of the year, the Class of 2020, elected the officials that will fiercely lead them through the difficult transition from middle to high school. The Talonย interviewed these brave souls so the whole school can get to know them just a little bit better.

First up is president Robby Gourdie. His favorite color is blue and he loves dogs. What’s one food he could never give up? Sour patch kids. He loves jamming out to “Dancing Queen” by ABBA and will show off his signature dance move, the worm, if you are lucky. When asked why he wanted to join student government, he answered, “I wanted to contribute to the class and improve my leadership skills”. He chose to run for president because all of his friends thought he was perfect for the job! By the end of the year, Robby hopes to know everyone in his class personally so that he can best represent them!

Another blue lover is vice president Harrison Babb. She couldn’t live without pasta or “I’m yours” by Jason Mraz. Her absolute favorite animal: manatees! During the summer, you can find her playing violin or going parasailing in Florida. She chose to run for the vice presidential office because she likes to plan and organize things and wanted to meet as many people as she could. Her ultimate goal? Help everyone to have a freshman year they will always remember!

Next up is secretary Irene Lu. Her favorite color is, you guessed it, blue! She doesn’t exactly have a favorite song, but her favorite band is twenty-one pilots. She will always accept a bowl of macaroni for lunch and is definitely a cat person. She has been involved in student government since elementary school and wanted to keep it up during high school. She enjoys taking notes, so secretary is the perfect job for her! She hopes to get the Summer SAIL program back in schools which encourages younger students to think outside of the box.

And last, but certainly not least, is treasurer Elan Levine. He also loves the color blue, which makes all four members of the executive freshman council blue people. He enjoys listening to Britney Spears, particularly “Baby One More Time”. His favorite dish is noodles and his spirit animal is a guppy. In order to help the freshman class reach its fullest potential, he wants to fundraise enough money this year to have leftover money for next year!

The Talon wishes luck to this year’s Freshman class officers. We hope you have a great year!