• The Academic Magnet High School, 5109 W. Enterprise, North Charleston, SC

• 26 Magnet Seniors National Merit Semi-Finalists!

• Magnet Football Starts 1-2

• WELCOME CLASS OF 2021!

High School Musical Club Is Back!

From left to right: Jean Valjean, Maggie Winters, Troy Bolton, Mrs. Lankford, Natasha Tirpak, Danny

Maggie Winters

Maggie Winters

If you don’t like High School Musical or Musicals in general stop reading now; go do your homework. If you do love High School Musical and musicals in general or are just really hard core procrastinating keep reading.

Two years of High School Musical Club later and it is still bumping. Last year the club went to the Charleston Coliseum to see the Phantom of the Opera Live. The club plans to see many local musicals coming to the Charleston area, including Rent this October. Last year the club watched High School Musical 2, Les Miserables, Into the Woods, The Sound of Music, Grease, and Phantom of the Opera. Unlike other clubs at school High School Musical is an active club.

Every Friday during lunch High School Musical Club meets in Mrs. Lankford’s room (7210), eats snacks, Mr. Murphy brings Cheetos, and watches musicals. Currently the club is viewing Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews. Mary Poppins is the musical where the nanny, Mary Poppins, has a never ending bag, the chimney sweep is very good friends with her, and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a real word. Don’t worry you haven’t missed anything and should definitely come to watch this Friday. There is a sign up sheet outside of Mrs. Lankford’s room where people can sign up to bring snacks and see what musical is being shown. Some snack examples include: Natasha Tirpak’s home-made cookies, Blue Doritos, and Oreos. The founders of the High School Musical Club, seniors Maggie Winters, and Natasha Tirpak say, “Be there or be square! High School Musical Club is the best club in the entire world!!”. Even though Zac Efron thinks High School Musical was a waste of time, High School Musical CLUB is not! Look for the High School Musical Club at the Club Fair on Thursday, September 8, and sign up. You’re not going to want to miss it!

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

French National Honor Society Gears Up for an Exciting Year

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

Congratulations to the FNHS Inductees!

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

What is the Youth Magazine?

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

Come to the First Crêpe Sale of the Year!

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

Science Olympiad Winners!

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

Magnet’s Math Competitions

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

SAVE Safe Schools Week

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

New Year, Same S.A.M.E

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

Club Fair Is Here!

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Clubs

EAT DIRT