The student news site of Academic Magnet High School in North Charleston, South Carolina.

• Congratulations to Jenny Yao and Ali Delambo 1st and 2nd place overall at Low-Country Science Fair

• ACADEMIC TEAM WINS CHARLESTON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Magnet’s Math Competitions

Mu Alpha Theta, Magnet’s math team, recently competed in multiple competitions in the Charleston area. On Saturday, February 27, James Staubes won first place for the Level 1 test. At the Sprint Competition, the winners were Senior Xiaolan You and Junior Justin Zou.

On Sunday, February 28, the students were up and ready to go at 7:30 AM for Moody’s Mega Math Challenge. At this competition, the students downloaded a complicated math modeling problem and submitted a paper with their solutions and models. Teams are made up of groups of five seniors; on team 1: Miranda Schwacke, Nate Schlosser, Xiaolan You, Jameson Sanders, and Connor Woods, and on team 2: Zach Zuber, Vivian Song, Josh Isaacks, Noa HaLevi, and Reaves Wannamaker. The students who will be moving to round 2 of judging will be announced on March 16th. The prizes for scholarships range from $1000 to $10,000.

The most recent math competition was last Friday, March 4, at the Coastal Carolina Math Meet. Congratulations to James Staubes for winning first place in the Level 1 Test with a $100 prize, Jameson Sanders for winning second place in the Level 2 Test with a $75 prize, and John Staubes for winning 3rd place in the Level 2 Test with a $50 prize! The Level 2 Team won 1st place overall!

Mu Alpha Theta, Magnet wishes you all the best of luck in future competitions and congratulates you for all of your success! For more information about Mu Alpha Theta and all things math, contact Ms. Hooffstetter!

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

Showcase

AMHS End of Year 2017

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

News

A “Starry Night” (Prom)

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

Opinions

AIPAC Policy Conference

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

Showcase

Kara Schwacke’s Diamond in the Rough: Samantha Moody

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

Showcase

Class of 2018 Thesis Stats

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

Showcase

Student-Athlete of the Week: Riane Coman

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

Food

New Ben & Jerry’s Flavors are Cereal-sly Delicious!

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

Showcase

Trump Administration rolls back environmental regulations because the White House “prefers warmer temperatures”

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

Showcase

The Las Vegas Raiders

• Magnet’s Math Competitions

Magnet Alumni

A Blast From the Past: Report on Alumnus John Seibels

Magnet’s Math Competitions