“After School” App on the Rise

Social media is a big part of our lives nowadays. With Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and others, it’s hard to keep up with them all. Recently, an app called “After School” has increased in popularity, especially at AMHS. After School is similar to another social media app called “Yik Yak”–the difference is that Yik Yak is used by college students, while After School is intended for high schoolers. Upon downloading After School, it requires that you link the app to your Facebook account. It then uses the school listed on your Facebook account to connect you to other students using the app from your school. Then a message board is formed, made up of only students from your school. This means that only students can post on the message board–the catch is that each post is anonymous. The posts range from “Like if you’re going to the football game” to “I’d be Nick C.’s study buddy”. The anonymity of the app keeps everyone constantly buzzing about the posts. Aaron Thornton says, “I like how I can anonymously post things about myself to boost my self confidence and make people think more highly of me.” There’s also a question section, where you can answer yes-or-no questions about other students. Some examples of questions are “Would you go on a road trip with _____?” and “Would you eat Nutella with _____?” If both people answer yes, it lets each person know that the feeling is mutual! All in all, After School is a pretty cool app to get informed about all the latest hub-bub going on at AMHS. You can download it for free on the App Store, and you can also DM the After School Twitter account to access a download link for Android. Happy After Schooling!