The student news site of Academic Magnet High School in North Charleston, South Carolina.

• Congratulations to Jenny Yao and Ali Delambo 1st and 2nd place overall at Low-Country Science Fair

• ACADEMIC TEAM WINS CHARLESTON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

The AMHS Class of 2015 has recently flown from the nest and joined new flocks. Whether it be Clemson, USC, Furman, or someplace out-of-state, most students have started college by now. We wanted to know just how much they’re liking, or disliking, college so we asked: How would you describe your college experience thus far?

The answers varied but there was an overwhelming positive response. College of Charleston student and previous Talon staff member, Ella Berger’s initial response was simply, “IT’S… AWESOME!” Ella, a dance and biology major, also adds that she loves that she “get[s] to go from an academic class to a dance class and then back to an academic class” unlike in high school. Becca Bosch of Furman University said that “it’s a big transition” but that she “really like[s] it so far!”

For some, college has not started off on the right foot, but they are hoping that it will improve soon! Margaret Gibson, George Washington University freshman, unfortunately got the flu her first week of college, and she says, “it’s been a wonderful adventure of having to make soup by myself and hoping my medicine works since our health services is not open yet.” Clemson’s Riley Haldrup says that she misses spending time with her sister, Jensen, the most.

Buckley McCall wisely advises that “College is only what you make it, each person will define their own experience.”

The first months of college can be busy. As expected, not everyone got back to us on time. From all of us at the Talon, have a great school year and get well soon, Margaret!

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

Showcase

AMHS End of Year 2017

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

News

A “Starry Night” (Prom)

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

Opinions

AIPAC Policy Conference

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

Showcase

Kara Schwacke’s Diamond in the Rough: Samantha Moody

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

Showcase

Class of 2018 Thesis Stats

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

Showcase

Student-Athlete of the Week: Riane Coman

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

Food

New Ben & Jerry’s Flavors are Cereal-sly Delicious!

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

Showcase

Trump Administration rolls back environmental regulations because the White House “prefers warmer temperatures”

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

Showcase

The Las Vegas Raiders

• AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College

Magnet Alumni

A Blast From the Past: Report on Alumnus John Seibels

AMHS Class of 2015 Reacts to College