The student news site of Academic Magnet High School in North Charleston, South Carolina.

• Congratulations to Jenny Yao and Ali Delambo 1st and 2nd place overall at Low-Country Science Fair

• ACADEMIC TEAM WINS CHARLESTON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Things to do in the Month of April

ShapeUp Charleston– O2 Fitness Clubs are partnering with the City of Charleston and healthy food vendors to offer free, public group fitness classes this April that are known as ShapeUp Charleston. The classes will take place from 6- 7:30 p.m. each Monday and Wednesday in April, and will take place at McMahon Park, located at the corner of Rutledge Avenue and Moultrie Street. WERQ is a wildly addictive cardio dance workout based on the hottest pop and hip hop music.

Folly Beach Sand & Sea Festival– Folly Beach’s longest-running event, the 27th Annual Sea & Sand Festival, kicks off Friday, April 7th with the 4th Annual Miss Sea & Sand Pageant in the Folly River Park at 7 p.m. Festival entry is $5; children 10 and under are free. As always, the Sea & Sand Festival is a family-friendly event. Sea & Sand strictly prohibits all pets, coolers and outside food or beverages.

Charleston Farmers Market– Will take place every Saturday from April 8- November 25. Here you can enjoy a wide variety of 100+ Local Vendors, including; Farmers & Growers, Sweet & Savory Food Concessions, Artisans & Crafters, Live Music, Fun Activities, Community Groups & much more.

Earth Day 5k-Taking place on April 22nd, the Earth Day 5k will take place at Camp St. Christopher.
Adults-$28
Under 18-$18

Shaggin’ on the Cooper– Enjoy local bands perform live at the end of the Mount Pleasant Pier throughout the season, and the dance floor is open for all ages. Gates open at 7 p.m. for all events, and tickets are $10 per person ($8 in advance for Charleston County residents). Space is limited, so advance purchase is recommended.

2017 Shaggin’ on the Cooper Schedule:
· April 29 with The Sugarbees
· May 13 with Shem Creek Boogie Band
· June 10 with Ocean Drive Party Band
· July 15 with The Counts
· August 12 with Vinyl Daze
· September 9 with The Coppertones

Volvo Car Open– As one of the hottest tickets in professional sports, the Volvo Car Open is more than just a tennis tournament, it’s a festival with some world-class tennis thrown in. It will take place April 1st-9th.

• Things to do in the Month of April

Showcase

AMHS End of Year 2017

• Things to do in the Month of April

News

A “Starry Night” (Prom)

• Things to do in the Month of April

Opinions

AIPAC Policy Conference

• Things to do in the Month of April

Showcase

Kara Schwacke’s Diamond in the Rough: Samantha Moody

• Things to do in the Month of April

Showcase

Class of 2018 Thesis Stats

• Things to do in the Month of April

Showcase

Student-Athlete of the Week: Riane Coman

• Things to do in the Month of April

Food

New Ben & Jerry’s Flavors are Cereal-sly Delicious!

• Things to do in the Month of April

Showcase

Trump Administration rolls back environmental regulations because the White House “prefers warmer temperatures”

• Things to do in the Month of April

Showcase

The Las Vegas Raiders

• Things to do in the Month of April

Magnet Alumni

A Blast From the Past: Report on Alumnus John Seibels

Things to do in the Month of April