The student news site of Academic Magnet High School in North Charleston, South Carolina.

• Congratulations to Jenny Yao and Ali Delambo 1st and 2nd place overall at Low-Country Science Fair

• ACADEMIC TEAM WINS CHARLESTON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Service Learning Week

The week of March 6-10 was AMHS Service Learning Week. Each grade chose a cause and developed a way to support it.

Freshmen:

The freshmen chose to support My Sister’s House. This is a nonprofit organization founded in 1980 that provides services, programs and resources to domestic violence victims and their children. The organization operates an emergency temporary shelter at a secret location for as many as thirty-six women and children who flee abusive situations in Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester counties. The freshman class collected supplies such as household cleaning products and bed sheets to be donated to the shelter.

Sophomores:

The sophomores collected money and sold t-shirts to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, a cause near and dear to many AMHS students’ hearts.

Juniors:

The juniors decided to raise money and student morale on that Thursday. Since their cause was Pet Helpers, they brought three lab/pit-bull puppy mixes to play during 4th period. It was free to watch the puppies, but cost $2 dollars if you wanted to play with them. The puppies provided some much needed stress-relief, as well as raising awareness for dogs that are up for adoption at Pet Helpers.

Seniors:

The seniors went the route of awareness for Lyme disease. Croft Stoney, a former Magnet student, came and shared her story and struggle with Lyme disease with students during senior focus. Seniors also had the opportunity to watch Ethan Linhart catch limes in his mouth to raise awareness.

• Service Learning Week

Showcase

AMHS End of Year 2017

• Service Learning Week

News

A “Starry Night” (Prom)

• Service Learning Week

Opinions

AIPAC Policy Conference

• Service Learning Week

Showcase

Kara Schwacke’s Diamond in the Rough: Samantha Moody

• Service Learning Week

Showcase

Class of 2018 Thesis Stats

• Service Learning Week

Showcase

Student-Athlete of the Week: Riane Coman

• Service Learning Week

Food

New Ben & Jerry’s Flavors are Cereal-sly Delicious!

• Service Learning Week

Showcase

Trump Administration rolls back environmental regulations because the White House “prefers warmer temperatures”

• Service Learning Week

Showcase

The Las Vegas Raiders

• Service Learning Week

Magnet Alumni

A Blast From the Past: Report on Alumnus John Seibels

Service Learning Week