2017 Mens Lacrosse

Steven Schlosser, Michael Goltra, Doscher Hill

Potter Seibels, Staff Writer

This year Academic Magnet Mens Varsity Lacrosse team hopes to make up for last years loss in the playoffs and looks to earn a State Championship. If the team is able to win a State Championship this year it will be the first ever in school history. With returning seniors Michael Goltra, Campbell Gerrard, Andrew Waddell, William Tonks, Potter Seibels, and Chris Swalhah, and a strong junior and sophomore class, this year looks very promising for the Raptors. With an injury during the football season this year, Jack Heeke will be out this season, but will be an honorary team manager/coach.

Last year’s unfortunate losses to BE, Socastee, Hilton Head, and Wando in the regular season hurt the team’s record, but outlined what we need to work on this year. This year, Wando has moved out of our division, giving us a better chance at a state championship, as they have won the past five championships.  

This year, the team has already had two close scrimmages with BE and Wando, while running up the score in a scrimmage against Porter Gaud. The team’s first regular season game is Thursday, February 23rd. The full season schedule is posted on the game scheduler. The team looks forward to tough, competitive play this year and to improve on last year’s 10-5 record.