The student news site of Academic Magnet High School in North Charleston, South Carolina.

• Summer Scholars July 24th - pictures coming soon

• WELCOME CLASS OF 2021!

• Girls and Boys Soccer Wins AA State Championships!

• ACADEMIC TEAM WINS CHARLESTON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Carter Shubert and Potter Seibels

It is no surprise that the fragile Robert Griffin III is injured again. He has now fractured his coracoid bone in his left shoulder. Although he claims that he is the “best quarterback in the league” he has had six injuries since 2012 and has a whopping record of 14-22 as a starter.  He is now classified as a living potato or someone who can’t play football if you will.  

Throughout his illustrious career Griffin has been good at four things: getting injured, throwing interceptions, getting sacked, and being downright awful.  Based on this I would 100% sign him to my roster in hopes of making it to the Super Bowl.  While he does make roughly 11 million dollars a year, he spends most of it on personal trainers in rehab. I’m sure that RGIII is also excited to know that he is the 32nd ranked quarterback out of 33 in the NFL.  A few weeks ago when we looked up injury in the dictionary,  his picture appeared there.  What a coincidence! Last week the only quarterback that he finished ahead of was the placeholder for the Los Angeles Rams who lost 28-0 to the San Francisco 49ers.  Nice.  We don’t mean to be critical of RGIII, but why would anyone ever want him on their team.  We have so much confidence in Griffin and we believe that he should be elected to the NFL Hall of Fame (of injuries) at this instant.  His best option at this point is to pull a Tim Tebow and find another sport to play.

While our man is a serious liability, in all honesty, he is and was strong athlete. He was the heisman winner in 2011 at Baylor. In 2011, he also won the National Player of the Year honors by multiple outlets and Davey O’Brien and Manning Awards after leading Baylor to 10-3 regular-season record, its first bowl win in 19 years and No. 12 final national ranking as junior. We all just hope he can return to his previous athleticism as shown in college.  You have to feel sorry for the guy though.  We mean come on he’s had eight injuries since he entered the league in 2012.  Hopefully he can get back on the field stronger than ever and use his athleticism to his advantage.  

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Faculty Corner

We Love Our Girl: A Farewell to Mrs. Peterson

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Showcase

Class of 2017 College Decisions

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Showcase

Boys Soccer Wins State Title

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Showcase

AMHS Girls Soccer Team Wins State Championship

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Faculty Corner

A Happy Farewell to Junius Paul Wright III

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Opinions

My Bittersweet Leave of Magnet

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Showcase

Magnet Lines up to Cheer on State Athletes!

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Showcase

Prom 2017 Pictures Courtesy of Ms. Hurt

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Showcase

A Day in the Life of Ms. Pinckney

• RG 3 Injuries Every Week

Showcase

Class of 2017 Senior Wills

RG 3 Injuries Every Week