The student news site of Academic Magnet High School in North Charleston, South Carolina.

• Congratulations to Jenny Yao and Ali Delambo 1st and 2nd place overall at Low-Country Science Fair

• ACADEMIC TEAM WINS CHARLESTON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

High School Musical Club Is Back!

From left to right: Jean Valjean, Maggie Winters, Troy Bolton, Mrs. Lankford, Natasha Tirpak, Danny

Maggie Winters

Maggie Winters

If you don’t like High School Musical or Musicals in general stop reading now; go do your homework. If you do love High School Musical and musicals in general or are just really hard core procrastinating keep reading.

Two years of High School Musical Club later and it is still bumping. Last year the club went to the Charleston Coliseum to see the Phantom of the Opera Live. The club plans to see many local musicals coming to the Charleston area, including Rent this October. Last year the club watched High School Musical 2, Les Miserables, Into the Woods, The Sound of Music, Grease, and Phantom of the Opera. Unlike other clubs at school High School Musical is an active club.

Every Friday during lunch High School Musical Club meets in Mrs. Lankford’s room (7210), eats snacks, Mr. Murphy brings Cheetos, and watches musicals. Currently the club is viewing Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews. Mary Poppins is the musical where the nanny, Mary Poppins, has a never ending bag, the chimney sweep is very good friends with her, and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a real word. Don’t worry you haven’t missed anything and should definitely come to watch this Friday. There is a sign up sheet outside of Mrs. Lankford’s room where people can sign up to bring snacks and see what musical is being shown. Some snack examples include: Natasha Tirpak’s home-made cookies, Blue Doritos, and Oreos. The founders of the High School Musical Club, seniors Maggie Winters, and Natasha Tirpak say, “Be there or be square! High School Musical Club is the best club in the entire world!!”. Even though Zac Efron thinks High School Musical was a waste of time, High School Musical CLUB is not! Look for the High School Musical Club at the Club Fair on Thursday, September 8, and sign up. You’re not going to want to miss it!

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Showcase

AMHS End of Year 2017

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

News

A “Starry Night” (Prom)

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Opinions

AIPAC Policy Conference

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Showcase

Kara Schwacke’s Diamond in the Rough: Samantha Moody

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Showcase

Class of 2018 Thesis Stats

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Showcase

Student-Athlete of the Week: Riane Coman

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Food

New Ben & Jerry’s Flavors are Cereal-sly Delicious!

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Showcase

Trump Administration rolls back environmental regulations because the White House “prefers warmer temperatures”

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Showcase

The Las Vegas Raiders

• High School Musical Club Is Back!

Magnet Alumni

A Blast From the Past: Report on Alumnus John Seibels

High School Musical Club Is Back!